Author Topic: Sound barrier for door?  (Read 3243 times)

Carolyn

Sound barrier for door?
« on: January 01, 2002, 12:10:26 PM »
I'd like to find something I can place on the inside of my apartment door in order to block (or at least reduce) sounds from the hallway. I have a dog recently moved into a studio...when people are in front of my door it sounds as if they are in hte apartment, which sets off the dog. Nobody has complained but I want to eliminate the problem before it happens! Of course I am working with the dog to de-sensitize her but I'm concerned about when I'm home (it's not abnormal for a dog to bark at intruders...but in this case there are no intruders, though it sounds that way). I thought I heard of a sealant made specifically for entryways. Does anyone know of this?

bjnash

Re: Sound barrier for door?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2002, 09:17:54 PM »
: I'd like to find something I can place on the inside of my apartment door in order to block (or at least reduce) sounds from the hallway. I have a dog recently moved into a studio...when people are in front of my door it sounds as if they are in hte apartment, which sets off the dog. Nobody has complained but I want to eliminate the problem before it happens! Of course I am working with the dog to de-sensitize her but I'm concerned about when I'm home (it's not abnormal for a dog to bark at intruders...but in this case there are no intruders, though it sounds that way). I thought I heard of a sealant made specifically for entryways. Does anyone know of this?
See the link below on how to do this.

anything