Author Topic: Computer printer noise  (Read 4811 times)

kelly bradford

Computer printer noise
« on: January 01, 2002, 09:52:51 PM »
My computer printer sits on a computer desk made of veneer-covered particle board, and the desk sits on a hardwood floor.  I'd like to dampen the sound of the printer so my downstairs neighbour won't be bothered by it as much.  It's not especially loud, but it vibrates enough that the whole desk shakes a bit.
I am interested in the vibration pads you offer.  If I get enough pads to cover the whole surface that the printer sits on (a rectangle 18" X 16"), will that produce a better result than just getting enough pads to fit directly under the printer itself?  The printer occupies about half the surface area of that rectangle.
Thanks.
KB

bjnash

Re: Computer printer noise
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2002, 09:29:17 PM »
: My computer printer sits on a computer desk made of veneer-covered particle board, and the desk sits on a hardwood floor.  I'd like to dampen the sound of the printer so my downstairs neighbour won't be bothered by it as much.  It's not especially loud, but it vibrates enough that the whole desk shakes a bit.
: I am interested in the vibration pads you offer.  If I get enough pads to cover the whole surface that the printer sits on (a rectangle 18" X 16"), will that produce a better result than just getting enough pads to fit directly under the printer itself?  The printer occupies about half the surface area of that rectangle.
: Thanks.
: KB
The pads would not be the thing to use- use a 1" thickness of our SSP foam mat- you'll be amazed at the improvement.

bjnash

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2002, 09:29:18 PM »
: My computer printer sits on a computer desk made of veneer-covered particle board, and the desk sits on a hardwood floor.  I'd like to dampen the sound of the printer so my downstairs neighbour won't be bothered by it as much.  It's not especially loud, but it vibrates enough that the whole desk shakes a bit.
: I am interested in the vibration pads you offer.  If I get enough pads to cover the whole surface that the printer sits on (a rectangle 18" X 16"), will that produce a better result than just getting enough pads to fit directly under the printer itself?  The printer occupies about half the surface area of that rectangle.
: Thanks.
: KB
The pads would not be the thing to use- use a 1" thickness of our SSP foam mat- you'll be amazed at the improvement.

kelly bradford

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2002, 06:05:38 AM »
Thanks for your response.  Before I decide how much to order, would that same product be just as effective at reducing the level of sound from my TV that can be heard in the apt. below?  How about sound from stereo speakers?  I assume I could get a good result by placing the foam mat just in the area directly beneath the TV and speakers, as opposed to covering the whole floor.  Is that right?
KB
: : My computer printer sits on a computer desk made of veneer-covered particle board, and the desk sits on a hardwood floor.  I'd like to dampen the sound of the printer so my downstairs neighbour won't be bothered by it as much.  It's not especially loud, but it vibrates enough that the whole desk shakes a bit.
: : I am interested in the vibration pads you offer.  If I get enough pads to cover the whole surface that the printer sits on (a rectangle 18" X 16"), will that produce a better result than just getting enough pads to fit directly under the printer itself?  The printer occupies about half the surface area of that rectangle.
: : Thanks.
: : KB
: The pads would not be the thing to use- use a 1" thickness of our SSP foam mat- you'll be amazed at the improvement.