Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our forum specially upgraded for faster searching and a higher level of soundproofing information.

Your question may have already been answered!
Use your KEYWORD in our search function before posting a query!
This forum is operated as a public service by the Super Soundproofing Co, whose experts are standing by to help you with any soundproofing situation.

Author Topic: Logging Truck Noise  (Read 2390 times)

david97435

Logging Truck Noise
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:30:40 PM »

We live about 500 feet uphill from a logging road in a 2015 manufactured house with 6" insulated walls. The house is raised above the ground on piers with a cinder block skirt. The window sills are about 6". The windows are double pane acrylic. There are five 34"x79" windows in the bedroom on two walls.

We found soundproofwindows.com offers a solution but I have no way to check them out.  I see some comments on this forum that they are ok. Its not cheap.  We are considering the 3/8" glass placed 4" from the existing window.

Anyone had bad results from them?  Is this the best solution?  What good solutions would cost less?  Are there any companies that offer a similar product?

I see there my be some confusion over the name of soundproofwindows.com, based on this post http://supersoundproofing.com/forum/index.php?topic=2118.0  Some people seem to be talking about this company: ezsoundproof.com

sknigge

Re: Logging Truck Noise
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 07:53:18 PM »

We've helped thousands of clients with their noise issues. I'm sure we could help. Simply put, the best solution is to add a special window that is designed to eliminate sound to your existing windows. Not only is it much more effective in stopping noise, it is more cost effective than replacing your existing windows. If you'd like to speak with a consultant, we'd be happy to help and provide references if needed.

Shane K.
www.soundproofwindows.com