Author Topic: Lightweight sound cancelling mask  (Read 664 times)

Aquisce

Lightweight sound cancelling mask
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:19:50 PM »
Hey there,
I'm a product design student with a lot of time on my hands at the moment so I'm trying to go through some of my ideas I've jotted down recently.

One of my ideas is a sound cancelling face mask that could be used during gaming so that late at night the user can still speak into a microphone within the mask so that their friends/other players can still hear them without the user having to whisper or risk waking anyone.

I have seen one or two other posts on this forum about similar ideas but neither have really led to anything. I have seen the mask made from plaster of paris and this does not suffice for my design.

I need the mask to be lightweight, durable, safe to be worn around the mouth for multiple hours, breathable (yes I realise breathable and soundproof are pretty contradicting).

In an ideal world it would be a mask exactly like this in shape, design and aesthetic but of sound cancelling materials : https://rzmask.com/collections/m2-mask/products/grey-m2-mask

I am just wondering if anyone knows a suitable material for this idea or knows of any similar designs/products.

Thank you for your time,

Thomas

BruceJeremy

Re: Lightweight sound cancelling mask
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:27:57 AM »
Hey Thomas, well i would love to give you suggestion on that, do you still need help??