Author Topic: Reducing interior noise in my Airplane  (Read 4097 times)

Don Mei

Reducing interior noise in my Airplane
« on: January 14, 2002, 06:27:16 PM »
I have an RV-4 experimental airplane.  It uses a standard Lycoming aircraft engine.  (same as cessna and piper)However, my plane has no interior textiles of any kind.  I would like to quiet it down as much as possible within reason.  The plane is a 2 seat tandem airplane so the firewall is probably only 24 x 30.  The 4 open exhaust stacks exit below and behind the firewall.  I was also thinking of adding your product under the floor panels.  
I'd be interested in recommendations of thicknesses.  And other thoughts on application.
Finally, there is a guy who advertises a complete kit for an RV-4 for $120 .  He calls his product an acoustic/flame barrier.  That suggests to me he uses fiberglass.  Also, his published weight is 2.4 lbs.  Your thoughts??  Thank you.
Best regards,
Don Mei

bjnash

Re: Reducing interior noise in my Airplane
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2002, 04:40:29 AM »
: I have an RV-4 experimental airplane.  It uses a standard Lycoming aircraft engine.  (same as cessna and piper)However, my plane has no interior textiles of any kind.  I would like to quiet it down as much as possible within reason.  The plane is a 2 seat tandem airplane so the firewall is probably only 24 x 30.  The 4 open exhaust stacks exit below and behind the firewall.  I was also thinking of adding your product under the floor panels.  
: I'd be interested in recommendations of thicknesses.  And other thoughts on application.
: Finally, there is a guy who advertises a complete kit for an RV-4 for $120 .  He calls his product an acoustic/flame barrier.  That suggests to me he uses fiberglass.  Also, his published weight is 2.4 lbs.  Your thoughts??  Thank you.
: Best regards,
: Don Mei
What you need is the booklet on soundproofing aircraft.  See below.<\b>