Author Topic: Sound Proofing the Wall Of New Condo Construction  (Read 2762 times)

Greg Ortiz

Sound Proofing the Wall Of New Condo Construction
« on: January 15, 2002, 02:28:45 AM »
I have purchased a new condo that is currently under construction. I may back out of the purchase because of a concern for noise. The sales team informed me that there is a 3" air space between my wall and the neighbors wall. Even though we are in the same building, I will not share the same frame as anyone else. We all share a common slab foundation but indivdual 2x4 studs will rise out of the foundation and provide the frame work for each condo. This leaves the airspace inbetween. Next there is plywood in some places on one side and two 3" layers of insulation between the two frames, and of course, dry wall on each interior wall. There is nobody above or below me.
Would this be an effective sound proof method to stop the neighbors Stereo or home theater from leaking into my condo?

eee

Re: Sound Proofing the Wall Of New Condo Construction
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 05:02:20 PM »
: I have purchased a new condo that is currently under construction. I may back out of the purchase because of a concern for noise. The sales team informed me that there is a 3" air space between my wall and the neighbors wall. Even though we are in the same building, I will not share the same frame as anyone else. We all share a common slab foundation but indivdual 2x4 studs will rise out of the foundation and provide the frame work for each condo. This leaves the airspace inbetween. Next there is plywood in some places on one side and two 3" layers of insulation between the two frames, and of course, dry wall on each interior wall. There is nobody above or below me.
: Would this be an effective sound proof method to stop the neighbors Stereo or home theater from leaking into my condo?