Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need an answer right now? Go to http://soundproofing.org, or,  FEEDBACK

Or call us toll-free at 888-942-7723 8-5 Pacific time Weekdays. 

If we're not in, send a email to supersoundproofing@gmail.com

You can get a free report on soundproofing by going  HERE

MAINSITE

Author Topic: Floor to Ceiling Windows  (Read 4725 times)

Theresa B

Floor to Ceiling Windows
« on: May 06, 2003, 01:58:17 PM »

I live on a lake and my home has mostly floor to ceiling windows in all the bedrooms.  My noise  problem is in my daughter's room. Since she goes to be fairly early 8:30, and the rest of the neighborhood is still up. It's mostly teenagers talking/hanging out across the street and their cars. Although we do have a neighbor building a deck now,  so there is pounding and sawing going on too.  

The Plug won't work, the window is too large.  Same for the plexiglass and 2/3 pane windows. I'm comtiplating the draperies, I don't particularly like the look of them, and am also unsure that for the cost that they will work in my case.

Thanks in advance.
~t

Boborther

Re: Floor to Ceiling Windows
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 09:35:40 PM »

Teresa,

The curtains would work to block and absorb some of the noise, but  the best option would still be the window plug or the plexiglass window insert.
Many customers purchase the acoustical curtains and then overlay them with a material or fabric that suits their room decor. The price of the curtains is a very reasonable $1 per linear inch. So basically a 72" wide curtain would be $72 plus shipping. I hope this helps you Teresa. Please give us a call if you need further assistance.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723