Author Topic: Banging doors  (Read 4711 times)

Louise

Banging doors
« on: January 04, 2001, 02:28:51 PM »
I live in a top floor flat in the UK.
My new neighbours below seem to need to open and close every door in their flat, loudly, every few seconds until 1 am. They aren't slamming them, but the noise reverberates upwards until its very loud up here, constant loud crashes and bangs. They are generally noisy and we hear their music and TV too ( never have with other neighbours)
They have been asked but won't do anything, but their landlord is prepared to fix the doors or do whatever will quiten them within reason. Can you advise?
Hope you don't mind a question from so far away, we have no sites like yours here that I can find.

bjnash

Re: Banging doors
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2001, 05:55:59 AM »
: I live in a top floor flat in the UK.
: My new neighbours below seem to need to open and close every door in their flat, loudly, every few seconds until 1 am. They aren't slamming them, but the noise reverberates upwards until its very loud up here, constant loud crashes and bangs. They are generally noisy and we hear their music and TV too ( never have with other neighbours)
: They have been asked but won't do anything, but their landlord is prepared to fix the doors or do whatever will quiten them within reason. Can you advise?
: Hope you don't mind a question from so far away, we have no sites like yours here that I can find.
Little rubber bumpers installed on the doors will stop the banging completely!  Anothe web site closer is in the UK: See below!  (Tell -em we sent you!) But we still love to hear from you-all!

Louise

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2001, 11:55:36 AM »
: : I live in a top floor flat in the UK.
: : My new neighbours below seem to need to open and close every door in their flat, loudly, every few seconds until 1 am. They aren't slamming them, but the noise reverberates upwards until its very loud up here, constant loud crashes and bangs. They are generally noisy and we hear their music and TV too ( never have with other neighbours)
: : They have been asked but won't do anything, but their landlord is prepared to fix the doors or do whatever will quiten them within reason. Can you advise?
: : Hope you don't mind a question from so far away, we have no sites like yours here that I can find.
: Little rubber bumpers installed on the doors will stop the banging completely!  Anothe web site closer is in the UK: See below!  (Tell -em we sent you!) But we still love to hear from you-all!
Hello again from the UK, and many thanks for such a quick and friendly response.
I tried the UK co. - but they say that they don't know anything about these rubber bumpers. So, sorry to bother you again but - is there any more info. you could give to help me track them down here? Also, would they stop the doors from actually shutting? (as I'm not sure my 'delightful' neighbours would want that!)
Thanks again for your help, I'm recommending you to all my friends in the US.

bjnash

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2001, 01:50:06 AM »
: : : I live in a top floor flat in the UK.
: : : My new neighbours below seem to need to open and close every door in their flat, loudly, every few seconds until 1 am. They aren't slamming them, but the noise reverberates upwards until its very loud up here, constant loud crashes and bangs. They are generally noisy and we hear their music and TV too ( never have with other neighbours)
: : : They have been asked but won't do anything, but their landlord is prepared to fix the doors or do whatever will quiten them within reason. Can you advise?
: : : Hope you don't mind a question from so far away, we have no sites like yours here that I can find.
: : Little rubber bumpers installed on the doors will stop the banging completely!  Anothe web site closer is in the UK: See below!  (Tell -em we sent you!) But we still love to hear from you-all!
: Hello again from the UK, and many thanks for such a quick and friendly response.
: I tried the UK co. - but they say that they don't know anything about these rubber bumpers. So, sorry to bother you again but - is there any more info. you could give to help me track them down here? Also, would they stop the doors from actually shutting? (as I'm not sure my 'delightful' neighbours would want that!)
: Thanks again for your help, I'm recommending you to all my friends in the US.
A: These are available from hardware stores and in a pinch, one could make them, but if closing is a problem, it might be better to use some felt: cut into little patches and glue them to the door frame where the door contacts...

anything