Author Topic: Will the SuperSound proofing mat reduce garage noises if my bedroom is right above it?  (Read 3277 times)

JWS

My condo bedroom is right above the garage.  it very loud when it opens and closes.  Will the superSound proof mat reduce or elimate the noises if I install it under my carpets?  Thanks

boborther

JWS,
You may want to build a soundproof box to frame in or enclose the garage dor opener itself. I think it would make a nice little weekend project.
Bob

boborther

JWS,
You may want to build a soundproof box to frame in or enclose the garage door opener itself. I think it would make a nice little weekend project.
Bob

JWS

: JWS,
:  You may want to build a soundproof box to frame in or enclose the garage door opener itself. I think it would make a nice little weekend project.
: Bob,
can you elaborate that a little more.  is a condo,is a very big garage where everyone shares. Thanks

Mike

: My condo bedroom is right above the garage.  it very loud when it opens and closes.  Will the superSound proof mat reduce or elimate the noises if I install it under my carpets?  Thanks
Call BJ and ask about his Rsic- Decoupler clip.
This will help reduce the motor noise that transfers throught the floor joist. I agree with the Isolation box for the airbourne noise. The decoupler clips will cost you about $15.00 to $25.00 for the clips.

ed liu

: My condo bedroom is right above the garage.  it very loud when it opens and closes.  Will the superSound proof mat reduce or elimate the noises if I install it under my carpets?  Thanks
hi,
  I have the similar problems,  how does your problem
work out?   Where do I get SuperSound proofing mat?

Thanks
Ed