Author Topic: I need help  (Read 3341 times)


  • Guest
I need help
« on: June 22, 2002, 11:56:45 PM »
I live in 3rd floor in apartment.
and I have a big punching bag which is filled with water, and I stand it in my living room
My neighbor who live in the lower complain, because of it's shock
Could you recommand the most suitable sound proofing floor mat?


  • Guest
Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 08:50:18 PM »
You will need to use some of the SSP floormat (with foam backing) under the base of the punching bag. You'll need this material to cover at least 6 to 7 feet out from the base of the punching bag. This mat can be covered with an area rug for appearances sake. If this does not keep the neighbor happy, you will need to add a layer of the SSP flooring (without the foam) atop of the floormat already in place. This method should prove quite effective at isolating the punching bag noise to the neighbors down below.
Bob O.