Author Topic: dorm room  (Read 2586 times)

DukeStudent

dorm room
« on: March 25, 2002, 05:39:34 AM »
I'm looking to soundproof a dorm room.  The walls are brick and the room is in the basement.  Does anyone have any advice about what I could line the room with to reduce noise.  Price is important but also, I must be able to remove anything I put up at the end of the year.

Dan

Re: dorm room
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2002, 08:42:58 PM »
I need more details. What types of noise are getting through? (music? talking? walking?) Where does it sound like it's coming from? What's above you? (and is there carpeting?)
: I'm looking to soundproof a dorm room.  The walls are brick and the room is in the basement.  Does anyone have any advice about what I could line the room with to reduce noise.  Price is important but also, I must be able to remove anything I put up at the end of the year.

DukeStudent

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2002, 12:29:37 AM »
I am more concerned with keeping sound in.  Music and whatnot.  The room above me has woodflooring.

Dan

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2002, 03:26:21 PM »
There's no easy or cheap way to do that kind of soundproofing (it would cost thousands and would not be easily removeable).
Try reducing bass frequencies and keeping speakers away from walls and floor.
: I am more concerned with keeping sound in.  Music and whatnot.  The room above me has woodflooring.