Author Topic: Basement home theatre  (Read 5998 times)

Aaron

Basement home theatre
« on: January 09, 2001, 02:38:01 PM »
I need to soundproof a room in the basement of my townhouse condo.  It's a corner unit (neighbours on the side, and behind my unit).  The room in which I have my home theatre is on the outside corner of the basement -- away from both neighbours.  Each of the four basement walls are concrete.  Atop that are standard wood studs for the remainder of the structure.

bjnash

Re: Basement home theatre
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2001, 01:09:34 AM »

: I need to soundproof a room in the basement of my townhouse condo.  It's a corner unit (neighbours on the side, and behind my unit).  The room in which I have my home theatre is on the outside corner of the basement -- away from both neighbours.  Each of the four basement walls are concrete.  Atop that are standard wood studs for the remainder of the structure.
:

Vinnie

what panel to get?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2001, 10:06:22 PM »
Hello I am about to sound proof an old work shop up.....so that i can use it for my band.  Whats the cheapest sort of soundproof panelling i can get..It doesnt have to be too great because I live in th countryside without many close neighbours...but just suffiscient enough to give a decent acoustic...thanx vinnie

bjnash

Re: what panel to get?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2001, 01:34:33 AM »
: Hello I am about to sound proof an old work shop up.....so that i can use it for my band.  Whats the cheapest sort of soundproof panelling i can get..It doesnt have to be too great because I live in th countryside without many close neighbours...but just suffiscient enough to give a decent acoustic...thanx vinnie
A: That's got to be asphalt roll roofing. Available from your local hardware store.