Author Topic: Interior Door Problems  (Read 3362 times)

Janette Green

Interior Door Problems
« on: April 08, 2002, 01:46:53 AM »
Hi,
I'm glad I found your website.  I live in a home with hardwood floors and the house is quiet except for the doors that do not contain sound inside.  I tried solid core doors in several places but they did little good.  I'd like to eventually order some of your products, but I want to start with a good solid door.  Does anyone have a recommendation?  How does one assess the quality of solid core doors?  

boborther

Re: Interior Door Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 04:42:34 PM »
Jannette,
I am relatively sure that the solid core doors you have are just fine. I think a lot of the problem lies in the rigid an bare hardwood floors. Keep in mind that wood amplifies sound by nearly 1200%. You might want to get some of the SSP foam mat to make a seal around the door jab to seal where the door meets the jab. Like a weather seal. Mstly however, you need to soften the hardwood floors from  refraction and reverberation. That can be done with area rugs and the like. Go to the web site www.soundproofing.org, and on the home page, scroll down to the yellow box, and then click on the one that says "doors", that should be very enlightening for you.
Bob O.