Author Topic: soundproofing my master bedroom (its above a kitchen)  (Read 3326 times)

tom

soundproofing my master bedroom (its above a kitchen)
« on: January 10, 2001, 03:32:05 AM »
rt now all i have on my floor is doubled 1/2'' plywood. what could i put down on the floor before carpet? if you sugg a rubber matt how thick? does it come in rolls? do i still install carpet padding over rubber matt? also how much is shipping per pound to westchester n.y? do you glue rubber matt down ? also the walls are 2x6 15''wide what could i use for the walls    please w/b thank you tom

bjnash

Re: soundproofing my master bedroom (its above a kitchen)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2001, 05:22:26 PM »
: rt now all i have on my floor is doubled 1/2'' plywood. what could i put down on the floor before carpet? if you sugg a rubber matt how thick? does it come in rolls?
A: Use the vinyl "Flooring" we sell.  It has an STC of 26 and is very effective for this.  It is 1/8" thick and comes in 30' rolls 4'6" wide:$373 per roll.  You must caulk the floor seams first, however.
do i still install carpet padding over rubber matt?
A: Yes, use the recycled kind called "Reform".
also how much is shipping per pound to westchester n.y? do you glue rubber matt down ? also the walls are 2x6 15''wide what could i use for the walls    please w/b thank you tom
A: Shipping is by UPS and is $65 per roll.  No need to glue it, it's very heavy (145 Lbs per roll), and lays flat.  This mat is also used for walls, too.