Author Topic: Room full of electronic fans  (Read 2656 times)

Bob N

Room full of electronic fans
« on: April 20, 2002, 09:47:39 PM »
I have an electronics lab full of high speed network gear - lots of fans - lots of noise.  The noise in the room is very loud.  It's not like music with a steady beat or deep bass components, but a constant whirring and whine of high speed air flow.
The room requires occupants to shout while they are in there.  Outside the room, if the doors are closed, you can hear the muffled noise several feet away.  The room has a suspended ceiling.
How do I reduce the interior noise so people can work in there and how do I reduce the noise ouside the room?
I also need to have air flow into the room, so what can I use to get air in there without noise escaping?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Bob

boborther

Re: Room full of electronic fans
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 03:54:02 PM »
Bob,
I am not sure how your fans are configured, but if they are free standing, you might consider constructing enclosures around the fans and then soundproofing the enclosures with SSP foam mat,as long as you are able to get the air flow you need this should be helpful. Call us when you are ready to do this project @ (760) 749-7049 Good luck Bob

Bob N

Re: Room full of electronic fans
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 01:41:41 AM »
: Bob,
:  I am not sure how your fans are configured, but if they are free standing, you might consider constructing enclosures around the fans and then soundproofing the enclosures with SSP foam mat,as long as you are able to get the air flow you need this should be helpful. Call us when you are ready to do this project @ (760) 749-7049 Good luck Bob
I was hoping to put sound absorbing materials on the walls of the room similar to a recording studio to help quiet the room.  I will call to discuss.
Thank you.

anything