Author Topic: Loud Music  (Read 3994 times)

Ty

Loud Music
« on: January 01, 2001, 07:43:46 PM »
I recently moved into a 50 years old one-level single family home.  My family room is adjacent to my neighbor's family room and they play loud music every weekend. Their stereo faces my family room. The problem is the bass from the loud music resonates through my walls.  Would the problem simply be solved by asking the neighbor to point the speakers to another direction.  If not, should I do something with a crawl space that I have underneath the home or the attic that only has sprayed on insulation?  Or do I have to put some materials on the wall itself, which I prefer not to?

bjnash

Re: Loud Music
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2001, 01:18:39 AM »
: I recently moved into a 50 years old one-level single family home.  My family room is adjacent to my neighbor's family room and they play loud music every weekend. Their stereo faces my family room. The problem is the bass from the loud music resonates through my walls.  Would the problem simply be solved by asking the neighbor to point the speakers to another direction.  If not, should I do something with a crawl space that I have underneath the home or the attic that only has sprayed on insulation?  Or do I have to put some materials on the wall itself, which I prefer not to?
pointing the speakers away, perhaps getting them off the floor and/or relocating them can work wonders.  Otherwise some sort of barrier would be needed, permanently as in the walls or temp, something that could be removed.

anything