Author Topic: soundproofing a room  (Read 3169 times)

Pj

soundproofing a room
« on: April 24, 2002, 01:11:39 AM »
hello, i am a dj in manhattan ny.. i have just moved into an upstairs condo on jc .. i was wondering if anyone could recommend a way to sound proof or at least minimize the amount of sound so that when i practice i do not have to worry about my neighbors downstairs complaining...  i have hardwood floors and would appreciate any type of help i can get!!
thanks.
PJ

boborther

Re: soundproofing a room
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 03:28:56 PM »
PJ,
The hardwood floors can often be a problem, as wood amplifies sound as much as 1200%. The first thing you need to do is to isolate your equipment from that wooden floor. I suggest that you use the SSP vibration pads for this. Next you need to consider covering the floor with some sort of soundproofing material such as mass loaded vinyl. Here is where a decision arises, you have to decide if you are more concerned about soundproofing than you are about asthetics. If you get the chance go to http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/Music_room.htm and read the information there as far as soundproofing a music room. Good luck PJ, and remember, we are always here if you need us.
Bob O.