Author Topic: Noisy Street  (Read 2584 times)

Kathy

Noisy Street
« on: April 25, 2002, 11:06:43 PM »
HELPPP I can't convince my husband that the automotive, motorcycle, and truck noise on our street is driving me insane.  Last night I sat outside for twenty minutes and counted 122 cars.  The speed limit is supposed to be 30 mph but since we live on a hill, the cops aren't interested in enforcing it with any regularity.  Our bed is up against the window because of the way our bedroom is shaped and I have two blankets, and two sets of curtains on it and the noise still comes right through.  I haven't slept an entire night in months.  Any suggestions short of murder?

Doug

Re: Noisy Street
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 02:53:55 PM »
Just replace the window with one that has better soundproofing qualities (like triple-pane). Look up "acoustic(al)" in your phone book.
: HELPPP I can't convince my husband that the automotive, motorcycle, and truck noise on our street is driving me insane.  Last night I sat outside for twenty minutes and counted 122 cars.  The speed limit is supposed to be 30 mph but since we live on a hill, the cops aren't interested in enforcing it with any regularity.  Our bed is up against the window because of the way our bedroom is shaped and I have two blankets, and two sets of curtains on it and the noise still comes right through.  I haven't slept an entire night in months.  Any suggestions short of murder?