Author Topic: Soundproofing new construction.  (Read 2924 times)

Carlo DiMarco

Soundproofing new construction.
« on: April 29, 2002, 03:54:22 PM »
I am building a new 2 family home and prior to sealing up the walls I want to be sure I am doing what I can to minimize the noise that bleeds into my tenant's apartment.  My particular concern is my family room where I will have wood floors and sits over the apartment's bedroom.  Our home theater will be set up in the family room. How do I minimize the amount of sound (particularly bass from Subwoofer) that will go into the apartment below?  Do I just put layers of fiberglass insulation in the apartment ceiling?

boborther

Re: Soundproofing new construction.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 03:08:08 AM »
Carlo,
During new construction is the best time to do soundproofing, because you can do it right the first time, and never have to worry about it again. There are plenty of things you can do to soundproof the party wall, and just as many thing can be done to soundproof the home theater. One thing you can do now is to get the bass woofer off of the floor. Put it on a stand, or suspend it from the ceiling if possible. If and when you are ready to soundproof, give us a call at the Super Soundproofing Co. and we will be glad to help you. Believe it or not, it is NOT just about the money, it is about solving soundproofing issues. Thanks Carlo.
Bob O.
www.soundproofing.org
boborther@soundproofing.org
(760) 749-7049

anything