Author Topic: How thick should it be?  (Read 2932 times)

Glenn

How thick should it be?
« on: April 29, 2002, 08:42:35 PM »
No double entendre intended.
I've framed an extension to my closet to make a comfortable sound booth for recording vocals.
I cannot frame in closure of the room; it needs to have a curtain across the "closet opening" area.
So, I want to get some heavy duty foam to hang curtain-style across the opening. The plan is to perhaps glue it to a bed sheet that fits the space.
I'm more concerned with sound getting out than I am with sound getting in.
Finally, the question: How thick should the foam be so I can scream my lungs out in the room and not wake the baby?
Thanks for your help.
Glenn

bjnash

Re: How thick should it be?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2002, 11:10:34 PM »
: No double entendre intended.
: I've framed an extension to my closet to make a comfortable sound booth for recording vocals.
: I cannot frame in closure of the room; it needs to have a curtain across the "closet opening" area.
: So, I want to get some heavy duty foam to hang curtain-style across the opening. The plan is to perhaps glue it to a bed sheet that fits the space.
: I'm more concerned with sound getting out than I am with sound getting in.
: Finally, the question: How thick should the foam be so I can scream my lungs out in the room and not wake the baby?
: Thanks for your help.
: Glenn
NOT LIKELY THAT HANGING SOMETHING OVER THE DOORWAY WILL REDUCE THE SOUND LEVEL TO WHERE YOU CAN SCREAM  and not be heard!

anything