Author Topic: What is the best Flooring Solution over concrete  (Read 3708 times)

Joe Mama

What is the best Flooring Solution over concrete
« on: May 01, 2002, 04:46:55 PM »
I am soundproofing my garage and need recommendations on the floor.   Should I poor the slab up?   Should I use a rubber mat under the carpet padding I will be purchasing?  HELP

boborther

Re: What is the best Flooring Solution over concrete
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 01:24:06 AM »
Joe,
I am not clear as to you are trying to soundproof unless there are other people beneath your garage.
The SSP floor mat is a wonderful underlayment for any carpet overlay. The 1/4" foam backing acts as a de-coupler from the sub floor to the barrier itself, as well as the carpet and pad above, drastically reducing the effects of impact noise. This is a remarkable product, and has been used by countless contractors and carpet layers to silence and soundproof all types of floors that are to be carpeted. Give us a call @ The Super Soundproofing Co. and we can talk. Good luck in all of your soundproofing endeavors.
Bob O.
www.soundproofing.org
(760) 749-7049

Peter

Re: What is the best Flooring Solution over concrete
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 07:18:54 PM »
: I am soundproofing my garage and need recommendations on the floor.   Should I poor the slab up?   Should I use a rubber mat under the carpet padding I will be purchasing?  HELP
sounds like you'd be using the garage for band practice joe mama?  sound will not travel through your concrete floor but will reflect off it.  what does does is travel through very small openings.  in order to make a room sound proof you need to close up any opening to the outside.  putting absorbant material up will help keep some of that sound from bouncing outside but you still need to "seal" the room.  Especially the garage door.

anything