Author Topic: Condo floor  (Read 2704 times)

Lisa

Condo floor
« on: June 17, 2002, 01:26:33 PM »
This unit has 1/2inch concrete flooring covered by pad/carpet in most rooms.  I can still hear the downstair couple's TV/conversations. I've isolated the sound as coming through the floor. Looks like I need the SST mat under the carpet but what about the kitchen?  What kind of soundproofing can I put under a Prego floor?  The home center sells a thin underlayment, but is it good enought?  I only want to do this once.

boborther

Re: Condo floor
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 09:18:22 PM »
Lisa,
For under the carpet we recommend using the SSP Floor mat. This is the one with the foam backing and is especially designed for carpets. Also Lisa, remember, that if you do re-carpet, use the rebond carpet pad, the (multi colored foam padding)it has good soundproofing qualities.
For under the Pergo, you will want to use the flooring without the backing of foam. This will help greatly with the soundproofing, but you will still have some impact noise (foot fall sounds) if this floor is walked on extensively with hard soled shoes. It will be a good barrier however from the sounds coming up from below.
BobO.

anything