Author Topic: Traffic noise.  (Read 2685 times)

steve wood

Traffic noise.
« on: June 24, 2002, 06:51:18 PM »
I have an 8' high fence that I would like to use as a support/framework for a soundprooofing barrier to dampen traffic noise. Are there any suggestions about durable sound-damping materials I might be able to attach to this fence?
Thnks for the help.

boborther

Re: Traffic noise.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 10:22:29 PM »
Steve,
The SSP foam mat will work in this application. You will need to caulk in all cracks and seams and openings in the fence prior to applying the foam mat.( use acoustical or silicone caulk) This includes at the very bottom of the fence. The foam will work best if it is on the traffic side of the fence, as you make certain that the fence is sealed all the way to the ground. No holes cracks or openings at all. This mat can be painted with a vinyl or latex indoor/outdoor paint if need be for better effect. Hope this helps.
Bob O.

boborther

Re: Traffic noise.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2002, 10:24:00 PM »
Steve,
The SSP foam mat will work in this application. You will need to caulk in all cracks and seams and openings in the fence prior to applying the foam mat.( use acoustical or silicone caulk) This includes at the very bottom of the fence. The foam will work best if it is on the traffic side of the fence, as you make certain that the fence is sealed all the way to the ground. No holes cracks or openings at all. This mat can be painted with a vinyl or latex indoor/outdoor paint if need be for better effect. Hope this helps.
Bob O.

anything