Author Topic: SoundProof Floor And Entrance Door(removable)??  (Read 3152 times)

Michael

SoundProof Floor And Entrance Door(removable)??
« on: June 28, 2002, 10:06:15 AM »
Hello ive been looking at the products you sell on your web site for the past few days.And ive decided to purchase some vinyl mats for my floor and door.
Im on the 2nd floor,with a business underneath me,its actually there kitchen,so noise from below is my problem for sure.I use the room for audio usage,im a sound fx engineer.My floor dimensions are 12'width 7'height.Im looking to diminish the sound from below(talking,loud bangs,etc).
My floors are vinyl tiles,im willing to cover vinyl with a thin carpet if it will increase noise reduction from below.
Please tell me how much i will need for my floor dimensions above!!
For my door im looking for something removeable to stop sound from getting from outside,i have a steel metal door(industrial grade)with weatherstrip around the closing spots,etc.And it still does not werk.any suggestions for my door would be fantastic.
ok SORRY for the long message>>
Michael

boborther

Re: SoundProof Floor And Entrance Door(removable)??
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 07:17:42 PM »
Michael,
If you are going to do the carpet thing, you will want to use the SSP floor mat with the foam backing as a carpet underlayment. The foam backing actually de-couples your carpeting and pad from the ceiling and joists in the area down below. This vinyl mat has an STC rating of 26 points. This combined with new carpet and padding, should be most effective at blocking the sounds coming up from their kitchen below. When you install the carpet, and padding, be sure to use re-bond carpet padding, it has good soundproofing characteristics, the jute does not.
Now as for the door, you could use the double door method as discribed in the website, http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/soundproofing_doors.htm  or perhaps even line the door jab with some of the SSP acoustical tape, at key points where the door edge meets the jab. All this sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't as complicated as it sounds, Like the "Guru of Sound" tells me daily, "It's Not Rocket Science, Bob".
The best of luck, and give us a call if need help, materials, or just want some friendly advice.
Bob O.

anything