Author Topic: which products do you recommend and their added sts  (Read 2326 times)

Bill L

which products do you recommend and their added sts
« on: June 30, 2002, 11:21:28 PM »
I am converting a basement in my row house to a rental unit. so far with 8"joists I have installed 5/8"drywall,1/2"homesote and another 5/8drywall all BETWEEN each joist.considering all the labor Im very disappointed w/ the results. My next step is to leave 4 and 3/8" dead air space and finish with another 5/8" drywood which will rest on 1"X2"strips(BETWEEN EACH JOISTS) which will be nailed to the bottom of each joists. this gives the appearence of a higher ceiling. Questions: Do you rec. a product some where between each joists(sts ?) 2. would  2" rock wool be better than dead air space? 3 I hve hard wood floors above which I greatly prefer to carpet--any other solutions? 4. Footfalls and talking from aboce kitchen which has a tile floor Solution?5 which product should sit below TV in above room to absorb some of the sound that reaches below to the basement  Thanks so much

boborther

Re: which products do you recommend and their added sts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 08:16:27 PM »
Bill,
You have some super hard surfaces in the upstairs areas. You might consider area rugs for the hardwood floor areas. Also some small kitchen rugs for the tile floor. As for the basement ceiling, you will probably need to float the ceiling using either Resilient channels, or the SSP sound clips. The procedures for this is on the website. Go to: http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/channel.htm, and also under the uses of the sound clips on the home page. hope this helps you Bill,
Bob O.

anything