Author Topic: My very noisy parrot  (Read 3116 times)

Tracy

My very noisy parrot
« on: July 07, 2002, 03:02:56 PM »
I was guilted into rescuing an abused cocatoo, having no idea how unbearably noisy he would be.  We've had him now for  couple of years and love him, but can't stand the noise.  He has his own room with a very large cage, but his screaming can be heard throughout the house and even outside of the house.  We're doing behavior management wih him, but the screaming is almost non-stop.  If we can sound-proof his room, the lives of our other pets,our next door neighbors and ourselves will be so much more pleasant.

boborther

Re: My very noisy parrot
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 10:39:50 PM »
Tracy,
You can soundproof this room with the mass loaded vinyl as found on the website (SSP Silencer Flooring). This material would staple to your existing drywall, and then we would recommend that you layer over the MLV with another layer of fire code drywall. The thicker the better.
This should keep the neighbors happy, and also the folks who live with this noisy bird should notice a marked difference.
If you need further information go to the homepage and scroll down to the yellow box, and click on the header which most suits your situation. Good luck Tracy.
Bob O.

anything