Author Topic: sound proofing  (Read 4150 times)

Sujith Sukumar

sound proofing
« on: December 20, 2002, 07:37:44 AM »
i am making a sound proof box with dimensions 1.2m(l)x.5m(b)x.5m(h) i will be providing a door and a hole for taking the wires for connection how do i sound proof the clearance in between the door and the hole & wire.
Please send me the guide lines to solve the problem.

boborther

Re: sound proofing
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 06:59:28 PM »
Sujith,
I am not really sure about the conversion of the metric measurements as opposed to the American Standard.
The door can be soundproofed using a roll of the SSP closed cell foam tape. This tape would go around the perimeter of the door where the door meets the Jam. Our customers have used this tape quite successfully for soundproofing their doors. Make sure your door is a solid core door. Hollow core doors are very difficult to soundproof.
As for the wiring going into the sound control booth, I would suggest caulking them with a good acoustical caulk. Caulking is a cheap and very effective agent in the soundproofing of sound control booths and rooms. If the wires are to be removed from time to time, then you might use some of the closed cell foam material and form a seal with it around the wires that go into the sound control booth.
Sujith, you might want to give us a call for prices and further information on these products.
Thanks for the post.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

RamyRomio

Re: sound proofing
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
It makes a huge difference, I've built some acoustic panels and treated my entire basement. It took a lot of research and time to build them all, but I'm quite happy with the results  www.soundcontrolservices.co.uk