Author Topic: Testimony from those who have had it done  (Read 2855 times)

Brenda

Testimony from those who have had it done
« on: December 20, 2002, 10:57:18 PM »
I am looking into hiring contractors to soundproof my ceiling using resilient channels to block out heavy footfall and dog romping noise from the bedroom above mine. Before I spend the bucks, I wanted to know if anyone who has had a similar problem and fixed their ceiling using resilient channels can attest to whether or not it worked. From someone who has actually done it, how much did it really reduce the noise?

boborther

Re: Testimony from those who have had it done
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 05:04:07 PM »
Brenda,
Resilient channel has been a standard for most drywall contractors for many years. However a ceiling floated with (RC) is generally not enough to squelch the majority of the impact noise coming from above. Other agents such as mass loaded vinyl or closed cell foam need to be added in order to achieve the desired results.
I suggest that you go to the website, and read up on the SSP sound clips and their application to your situation. The sound clips will virtually double the soundproofing over resilient channels, and are actually easier to install. Granted, they are a little more costly than the (RC) but the results you will get will make the extra cost well worth it.
Brenda, before you begin your soundproofing project, you might want to invest the proverbial "dime" and give us a call at The Super Soundproofing Co. We will be able to give much more indepth information, and help you to make an intelligent decision. Thanks for the Post Brenda.
Bob O.
boborther@soundproofing.org
www.soundproofing.org
(760) 749-7049
For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything