Author Topic: how to sound proof without taking down the walls  (Read 3304 times)

tim

how to sound proof without taking down the walls
« on: December 23, 2002, 10:36:03 PM »
Hi, I am planning to sound proof my room. Is there a way to sound proof it without taking down the walls? like traping the sound proof materials on the walls.  any suggestion are welcome. thank you

boborther

Re: how to sound proof without taking down the walls
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 11:20:59 PM »
: Hi, I am planning to sound proof my room. Is there a way to sound proof it without taking down the walls? like traping the sound proof materials on the walls.  any suggestion are welcome. thank you

TIM,
YOU CAN ACTUALLY TREAT THE WALLS WITH THE MASS LOADED VINYL WHICH WOULD BE STAPLED OR GLUED DIRECTLY TO YOUR EXISTING DRYWALL WALL. WE WOULD THEN RECOMMEND THAT YOU LAYER OVER THE (MLV) WITH ANOTHER LAYER OF 5/8" FIRE CODE DRYWALL. ( SANDWICHING IN THE (MLV).
YOU'D THEN TAPE MUD AND PAINT THE WALL AS USUAL, AND YOU'RE DONE!.
TIM, THIS IS A VERY EFFECTIVE SOUNDPROOFING SOLUTION FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WISH TO REMOVE THEIR OLD WALLS AND CEILINGS.
THE (MLV) IS BY FAR OUR MOST POPULAR SOUNDPROOFING MATERIAL, AND THERE ARE MANY HAPPY CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE SOUNDPROOFED A PARTY WALL OR ADJOINING BEDROOM WALL, AND ARE THRILLED WITH THEIR RESULTS.
 GIVE US A CALL WHEN YOU ARE READY TO SOUNDPROOF AND WE'LL BE GLAD TO HELP IN ANY WAY WE CAN.
HAVE A MERRY AND JOYOUS CHRISTMAS.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723