Author Topic: Hollow Tile Wall  (Read 4586 times)

E C

Hollow Tile Wall
« on: January 16, 2001, 10:45:04 PM »
I have noisy neighbors.  Would building a hollow tile wall between our houses help in noise reduction.  We are only allowed to build walls that are 6 ft high.  Currently, our bedroom faces their family room and kitchen and we can hear whatever they are saying and their TV.  Currently there is a wood fence between our homes, but that doesn't help much with noise reduction.  Our windows are glass jalousies so even if they are closed the noise still comes through.  We don't want to have to close our windows all the time since it will get hotter in the summer.  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.  Thanks.

bjnash

Re: Hollow Tile Wall
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2001, 04:43:57 AM »
: I have noisy neighbors.  Would building a hollow tile wall between our houses help in noise reduction.  We are only allowed to build walls that are 6 ft high.  Currently, our bedroom faces their family room and kitchen and we can hear whatever they are saying and their TV.  Currently there is a wood fence between our homes, but that doesn't help much with noise reduction.  Our windows are glass jalousies so even if they are closed the noise still comes through.  We don't want to have to close our windows all the time since it will get hotter in the summer.  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.  Thanks.
Sorry, but a sound control wall needs to be at least 8' high, actually higher, to be effective at all, never-mind what it is made of...  Best to deal with a window solution.