Author Topic: How to block sounds from noisy Indian temple  (Read 2743 times)

Effi Jono

How to block sounds from noisy Indian temple
« on: December 29, 2002, 05:10:00 AM »
We live in Singapore, in an apartment on high floor, the glass windows are wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Our neighbour, Indian temple makes a lot of noises especially at early hours.
Whatever we do, we cannot change the facade of the apartment (restricted by the Building management).
How do we keep the noise out?
Appreciate your advice.

boborther

Re: How to block sounds from noisy Indian temple
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 09:04:49 PM »
: We live in Singapore, in an apartment on high floor, the glass windows are wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Our neighbour, Indian temple makes a lot of noises especially at early hours.
: Whatever we do, we cannot change the facade of the apartment (restricted by the Building management).
: How do we keep the noise out?
: Appreciate your advice.
EFFI,
FOR YOUR WINDOWS YOU HAVE A FEW OPTIONS, ONE WOULD BE TO MAKE A WINDOW PLUG FROM THE 2" CLOSED CELL FOAM MATERIAL. THIS WOULD BE A PLUG THE PLUGS INTO YOUR WINDOW FRAME TO BLOCK THE SOUNDS. NOW FROM YOUR DISCRIPTION, THESE SOUND LIKE VERY LARGE WINDOWS, IF THAT IS THE CASE, YOU MIGHT THINK ABOUT USING SOME OF OUR ACOUSTICAL CURTAINS. YOU CAN FIND THESE ON OUR WEBSITE IF YOU SCROLL DOWN ON THE HOME PAGE TO THE YELLOW BOX AND CLICK ON CURTAINS. YOU MAY ALSO CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO READ ABOUT THE ACOUSTICAL CURTAINS.
EFFI, IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO KNOW THE DEMENSIONS OF THE WINDOWS, THAT WAY I CAN BETTER ADVISE YOU ON OTHER SOUNDPROOFING METHODS.
AS A GENERAL RULE, WE DO NOT SHIP OVERSEAS, BUT IF THESE CURTAINS CANNOT BE OBTAINED IN SINGAPORE, I AM SURE WE CAN MAKE SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOU. KEEP IN MIND THAT THE SHIPPING TO SINGAPORE FROM THE U.S. IS QUITE EXPENSIVE.
THANKS FOR THE POST EFFI, I HOPE THIS HAS HELPED YOU SOME.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything