Author Topic: Noisy neighbors above me!  (Read 3965 times)

Diane

Noisy neighbors above me!
« on: December 30, 2002, 10:01:56 PM »
I live in a condo and the people that live above me are driving me crazy.  They have tile through out the entire unit and when they walk (especially) in the bedroom it sounds like they are coming through the ceiling. What can I do to stop the noise in the bedroom?

ann

Re: Noisy neighbors above me!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 07:34:53 AM »
I have the very same problem! Would love to hear a solution or even a partial solution (besides moving to the country). Ironically, they complained about me last weekend for an isolated incident (I had 3 people over who talked too loud too late at night). I have endured their thunderous walking for so long without complaining at all since I just considered one the the things you have to put up with living in the city sandwiched between an apartment below and above. One of my friends refers to this rude couple as 'Mr. and Mrs. Cinderblock'.  I don't want to complain now because I think they'd walk louder.  Right now I hear their DVD action movie.  What a shame, this is such a nice apartment otherwise.  Any ceiling noise reduction solutions would be greatly appreciated!

: I live in a condo and the people that live above me are driving me crazy.  They have tile through out the entire unit and when they walk (especially) in the bedroom it sounds like they are coming through the ceiling. What can I do to stop the noise in the bedroom?

deanna

Bass always thumping!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 08:43:35 PM »
I, unfortunately, have a similar problem.  I have noisy upstairs neighbors, who always have a gaggle of teenagers over late nights and love to pump up the bass.  Despite almost daily requests to turn the music down, the sound just reverberates through our otherwise PERFECT apartment.  I am desperate for a solution, since they obviously don't give a @#!&!! and I would hate to suffer through another move.  Please share any information you have!

chesley

Re: Noisy neighbors above me!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2003, 02:45:52 AM »
Same problem here. I have had consistent issues with the new tenants that live above me. I am one of the dumb townhome owners who purchased a downstairs 1st & 2nd level unit. I didn't know if mediation with the property owner to replace the carpet would help.