Author Topic: Soundproofing common wall  (Read 2933 times)

M. St-Louis

Soundproofing common wall
« on: January 03, 2003, 11:23:29 PM »
I would be grateful for testimonials from people who have soundproofed a common wall, using techniques explained on this website, and who are pleased with the results. I own a townhouse condo and have had a series of noisy tenants occupying the unit next door for the past 3 years. After putting up with the antics of the latest one over the holidays (most common problem is barrelling down the stairs and throwing logs in the fireplace at all hours, and unfortunately both the stairwell and fireplace are against the common wall), I'm ready to look for a specialized firm to do the necessary work (the common wall appears to be made up of cement blocks and drywall, with perhaps a bit of insulation in between).  But before proceeding, it would sure improve my morale to hear some success stories.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

herman ward

Re: Soundproofing common wall
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 06:26:10 AM »
: I would be grateful for testimonials from people who have soundproofed a common wall, using techniques explained on this website, and who are pleased with the results. I own a townhouse condo and have had a series of noisy tenants occupying the unit next door for the past 3 years. After putting up with the antics of the latest one over the holidays (most common problem is barrelling down the stairs and throwing logs in the fireplace at all hours, and unfortunately both the stairwell and fireplace are against the common wall), I'm ready to look for a specialized firm to do the necessary work (the common wall appears to be made up of cement blocks and drywall, with perhaps a bit of insulation in between).  But before proceeding, it would sure improve my morale to hear some success stories.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.