Author Topic: reduce garage door opener noise in room above  (Read 5342 times)

John Wagner

reduce garage door opener noise in room above
« on: January 08, 2003, 09:58:27 PM »
I'm looking for suggestions to reduce the noise from my garage door opener.  
I have a bedroom above the garage, and the vibration coming through the floor is unacceptable.  
Granted the opener is a chain drive, but I have lubricated everything to the point that the noise in the garage itself is very minor.  
It is the motor vibration that is causing the problem.  I suspect that there are mounting isolation kits or something similar to help with this situation.
If you are aware of these products, please help me :))  I would really rather not replace the opener.
Thanks in advance,
John

James

Re: reduce garage door opener noise in room above
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 11:06:54 PM »
I have the same problem, the fix I am abou to try is putting rubber washers between all of the metal-to-metal connections on the ceiling supports for the door-opener motor.  This should absorb quite a bit of the vibration and hopefully lower the noise in my bonus room.
: I'm looking for suggestions to reduce the noise from my garage door opener.  
: I have a bedroom above the garage, and the vibration coming through the floor is unacceptable.  
: Granted the opener is a chain drive, but I have lubricated everything to the point that the noise in the garage itself is very minor.  
: It is the motor vibration that is causing the problem.  I suspect that there are mounting isolation kits or something similar to help with this situation.
: If you are aware of these products, please help me :))  I would really rather not replace the opener.
: Thanks in advance,
: John

anything