Author Topic: Attic mounted window style airconditioner  (Read 4636 times)

Patrick L. Nesby

Attic mounted window style airconditioner
« on: December 14, 2000, 08:06:27 PM »
To whom it may concern,
    In your "walk through" you describe a window style air conditioner mounted in the attic with a duct into the room. It's electrical controls are mounted down here.  The duct is an "S" shape to reduce noise from going out.  It can recycle, exhaust or bring in fresh air as needed.  The duct is coated with "Super Soundproofing Liquid" to reduce reverberation in the duct and covered with mat."
    I have never heard of this procedure. Can you provide details to how this is done professionally? Maybe a manufacturer or tech sheet?

bjnash

Re: Attic mounted window style airconditioner
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2000, 09:10:12 PM »
: To whom it may concern,
:      In your "walk through" you describe a window style air conditioner mounted in the attic with a duct into the room. It's electrical controls are mounted down here.  The duct is an "S" shape to reduce noise from going out.  It can recycle, exhaust or bring in fresh air as needed.  The duct is coated with "Super Soundproofing Liquid" to reduce reverberation in the duct and covered with mat."
:      I have never heard of this procedure. Can you provide details to how this is done professionally? Maybe a manufacturer or tech sheet?
It's based on info provided by folks who have done this out of necessity.  There are aircon's with remote controls. but I don't know the brands, but most of the ones described were modified wall units.  The "S" shape and ducting soundproofing are just following accepted practice.
BJ

anything