Author Topic: Echo problems in church  (Read 3630 times)

Dean Atwood

Echo problems in church
« on: January 21, 2003, 08:34:38 PM »
I am the sound operator at Lone Star Baptist church. We have a 3.55 delay at 5000 hrz in the santuary which causes alot of echo. We want to treat the santuary and the fellowship hall. The fellowship hall is so bad that you cannot hear each other talking! I am on a committe to get this fixed. I suggested that we use professional sound panels but the other committe members think we cam make home made panels that will work. Do you have any information how we can make panels
that will do the job?

boborther

Re: Echo problems in church
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 11:30:45 PM »
: I am the sound operator at Lone Star Baptist church. We have a 3.55 delay at 5000 hrz in the santuary which causes alot of echo. We want to treat the santuary and the fellowship hall. The fellowship hall is so bad that you cannot hear each other talking! I am on a committe to get this fixed. I suggested that we use professional sound panels but the other committe members think we cam make home made panels that will work. Do you have any information how we can make panels
: that will do the job?
Dean,
We have a book that would be right up your alley if you are planning to "sound condition" the Santuary, and the Fellowship Hall. The Book is titled, Why are Church Acoustics so Confusing. It is available on our website. This might be a wise investment in that may save you Hundreds of dollars in costly mistakes. See the link below to read about this manual. Thanks for the post!

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

Chuck Layton

Re: Echo problems in church
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 05:36:32 PM »
: : I am the sound operator at Lone Star Baptist church. We have a 3.55 delay at 5000 hrz in the santuary which causes alot of echo. We want to treat the santuary and the fellowship hall. The fellowship hall is so bad that you cannot hear each other talking! I am on a committe to get this fixed. I suggested that we use professional sound panels but the other committe members think we cam make home made panels that will work. Do you have any information how we can make panels
: : that will do the job?
: Dean,
This sounds like a project that needs an attractive and very effective sound solution.  Two different products developed by International Cellulose Corp. which are spray applied directly to the ceiling may be your best alternative.  Depending on your location, I am sure that there are certified applicators in your area. As I am for Utah.  These products have been used in a great varity of architectural applications.  Here is a link to there website.  Take a look around and don't hesitate to call them and find out more information and for applicators in your area.  Good Luck.