Author Topic: Mass Loaded Vinyl application.  (Read 3134 times)

Marc

Mass Loaded Vinyl application.
« on: February 01, 2003, 01:33:38 AM »
I am going to be adding a second wall on top of a common wall I have with my neighbours and I am wondering for the Mass Loaded Vinyl.
I want to put Mass Loaded Vinyl on the common wall that is there and then put a staggered stud wall on top of that with some sort of fiber glass insulation run through it and then sound clips and furring tracking and then the gypsum. I think that this will be good.
What I am wondering is the best way to attach the Mass Loaded Vinyl. Will contact cement work? Or is there a better way.
If I screw it or staple it into the exsisting wall will it short it out and make it pointless?
This is an excellent site by the way and I definately appreciate the information and products it provides. I look forward to buying from you.
Thanks,
Marc

BJNash

Re: Mass Loaded Vinyl application.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 02:53:04 AM »
: I am going to be adding a second wall on top of a common wall I have with my neighbours and I am wondering for the Mass Loaded Vinyl.
: I want to put Mass Loaded Vinyl on the common wall that is there and then put a staggered stud wall on top of that with some sort of fiber glass insulation run through it and then sound clips and furring tracking and then the gypsum. I think that this will be good.
: What I am wondering is the best way to attach the Mass Loaded Vinyl. Will contact cement work? Or is there a better way.
: If I screw it or staple it into the exsisting wall will it short it out and make it pointless?
: This is an excellent site by the way and I definately appreciate the information and products it provides. I look forward to buying from you.
: Thanks,
: Marc
Staples are OK, don't use too many!  

anything