Author Topic: window plugs  (Read 2560 times)

Lisa

window plugs
« on: February 09, 2003, 10:54:52 PM »
I'm renting a house that gets a lot of outside noise coming in - primarily through the windows I am sure - which doesn't bother me except when I'm trying to sleep.  The landlord doesn't mind me making improvements but I don't want to put a lot of money into fixing the noise problem because, after all, I'm a renter and I don't really know how long I'll be here.  I was thinking I like the idea of those window plugs but the windows in my bedroom are almost flush to the inside wall, whereas there's about eight inches between the glass and the outside of the house - in other words, the windows are greatly receeded.  Will a plug work on the outside?  And, if not, does anyone know something that does?  Thanks!

boborther

Re: window plugs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 01:42:29 AM »
: I'm renting a house that gets a lot of outside noise coming in - primarily through the windows I am sure - which doesn't bother me except when I'm trying to sleep.  The landlord doesn't mind me making improvements but I don't want to put a lot of money into fixing the noise problem because, after all, I'm a renter and I don't really know how long I'll be here.  I was thinking I like the idea of those window plugs but the windows in my bedroom are almost flush to the inside wall, whereas there's about eight inches between the glass and the outside of the house - in other words, the windows are greatly receeded.  Will a plug work on the outside?  And, if not, does anyone know something that does?  Thanks!
Lisa,
The window plug will work just as well on the outside of the window as it will on the inside. Actually, the window plug material is 2" thick, so that extra dead air space (6") between the glass and the plug will help in your soundproofing effort. Hope this helps you Lisa, no one should lose sleep over a soundproofing issue.
Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723