Author Topic: Theatre Room  (Read 2990 times)

Kurt S.

Theatre Room
« on: February 10, 2003, 10:38:43 PM »
I'm constructing a theatre room in my basement and need to soundproof the ceiling and two interior walls. I haven't seen or read anything about using your product for my application. Any suggestions?
Thank you!

boborther

Re: Theatre Room
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 10:58:27 PM »
: I'm constructing a theatre room in my basement and need to soundproof the ceiling and two interior walls. I haven't seen or read anything about using your product for my application. Any suggestions?
: Thank you!
Kurt,
There are a lot of factors involved in soundproofing a basement home theater, such as what does the floor above consist of, (eg. Hardwood, Carpet and Pad etc.) These factors make a difference in just how you soundproof your home theater.
If you are concerned about the sounds traveling down into the theater from above, you will probably want to float the ceiling using either resilient channel or the SSP sound clips. These methods are described in detail on the website. Read up on the sound clips, they are very effective in the abatement of sound travel from a floor into the ceiling below.
You can also use Mass Loaded vinyl (SSP silencer flooring)when impact noise is not a concern. It is a remarkable sound blocker and comes as close to emulating lead sheeting as can be (without actually being lead).
Kurt, there are a lot of options for home theaters. You might consider giving me a call and discussing your theater plans in depth. Thanks for the posting.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723