Author Topic: BJ...ever hear of "sound deadening board"...?  (Read 4055 times)

dave

BJ...ever hear of "sound deadening board"...?
« on: January 25, 2001, 04:08:02 AM »
i just saw this stuff at the home depot in the insulation section...1/2" thick 4'x8' boards...look like it made of dense pressed cloth-like fibers and was very quiet when i gave it "the knock test" (ie...no resonance..)
have you seen this stuff before and/or have any thoughts on where it might be best used..?
i'm looking for something for my attic which has only blown insulaion and nothing up on the roof section.
thanks...dave

bjnash

Re: BJ...ever hear of "sound deadening board"...?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2001, 05:00:41 AM »
: i just saw this stuff at the home depot in the insulation section...1/2" thick 4'x8' boards...look like it made of dense pressed cloth-like fibers and was very quiet when i gave it "the knock test" (ie...no resonance..)
: have you seen this stuff before and/or have any thoughts on where it might be best used..?
: i'm looking for something for my attic which has only blown insulaion and nothing up on the roof section.
: thanks...dave

A: Yes, this is "soundboard" a common building material with acoustical properties.  Not as good as "Homasote", (www.homasote.com), but considerably less expensive. Read more about these products at www.infind.com : enter the keyword.

anything