Author Topic: Heat pump noise  (Read 4212 times)

Roy

Heat pump noise
« on: March 02, 2003, 06:54:03 AM »
My neighbor has installed a cursed heat pump barely on his side of the fence between our properties. The noise from this thing truly pollutes the previous peace and quiet of our waterfront home. The damned machine runs winter and summer--coming on and off with jarring frequency. The fence is six feet high. Is there anything I can use to cut the whine from this thing or does the reverberation from adjacent buildings make this impossible? Is there such a thing as a noise reflector that would send all sound back to his side of the fence? Any ideas appreciated.

Dave

Re: Heat pump noise
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 08:24:05 AM »
Hi Roy,
Man I know what you are going through! My neighbor to my rear has a &*%$ heat pump also. I have tried to work with them on it but they don't care. I have been thinking about getting some cinder blocks and stacking them up about 6 feet high and 10 feet each side of the pump. If this works I will make it more permanet
Good Luck!
Let me know if you come up with something.
Dave
: My neighbor has installed a cursed heat pump barely on his side of the fence between our properties. The noise from this thing truly pollutes the previous peace and quiet of our waterfront home. The damned machine runs winter and summer--coming on and off with jarring frequency. The fence is six feet high. Is there anything I can use to cut the whine from this thing or does the reverberation from adjacent buildings make this impossible? Is there such a thing as a noise reflector that would send all sound back to his side of the fence? Any ideas appreciated.