Author Topic: Any way to reduce Treadmill noise?  (Read 7929 times)

Maria

Any way to reduce Treadmill noise?
« on: March 02, 2003, 10:02:16 PM »
Does anyone know how to reduce the noise coming from my Sears Proform treadmill?  Since it is working fine, I would rather reduce the noise somewhat than go out and spend a lot more money for a "quiet" treadmill if I don't have to.
Thanks,
Maria

kios

Re: Any way to reduce Treadmill noise?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 07:03:40 AM »
I would also like to have an answer to that.
Thanks,
kios

boborther

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 01:45:27 AM »
: Does anyone know how to reduce the noise coming from my Sears Proform treadmill?  Since it is working fine, I would rather reduce the noise somewhat than go out and spend a lot more money for a "quiet" treadmill if I don't have to.
: Thanks,
: Maria

Maria,
You didn't state what the floor covering beneath the treadmill is (eg. hardwood flooring, carpet and pad etc.) Either way, one thing that would help would to get the treadmill up onto vibration isolation pads, especially if the mill is on a hardwood floor. You would place a vibration pad on each foot of the machine, or if it does not have feet, you will want to place the pads at the 4 corners of the mill.
Another remedy would be to underlay the mill with a material called SSP floormat. This would roll out under the treadmill, and then your would place the mill atop of this floormat and onto the vibration pads as well. This would be effective at reducing the noise levels transmitted to the floors below. Thanks for the post Maria, hope this helps,

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

boborther

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 01:48:11 AM »
: I would also like to have an answer to that.
: Thanks,
: kios
Kios,
Please read my reply to Maria's post on soundproofing her treadmill. Thanks.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723