Author Topic: Homosote walls  (Read 2768 times)

Laurie Nason

Homosote walls
« on: March 03, 2003, 12:03:40 AM »
Hi, I have a client that has homosote walls in her bedroom that have been wallpapered and she hates the wallpaper.  She would like me to remove the wallpaper and paint the walls.  I'm not sure how old the homosote is, do you think I could prime and paint it?  If so, any recommendations re primer?
Thanks,
Laurie

boborther

Re: Homosote walls
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 12:17:07 AM »
: Hi, I have a client that has homosote walls in her bedroom that have been wallpapered and she hates the wallpaper.  She would like me to remove the wallpaper and paint the walls.  I'm not sure how old the homosote is, do you think I could prime and paint it?  If so, any recommendations re primer?
: Thanks,
: Laurie
Laurie,
I think the Homasote could be mudded and painted just like drywall. If you are careful to remove the wallpaper, I don't think you will have a problem with the Homasote.
If the Homasote does become damaged to the point where it cannot be painted, you could over lay the Homasote with 5/8" fire code drywall, and then tape mud and paint it. It's a thought. The new layer of drywall will add to the soundproofing. I hope this helps you Laurie. Thanks for your post.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything