Author Topic: Soundproofing a balcony bedroom  (Read 3756 times)

Matt

Soundproofing a balcony bedroom
« on: March 04, 2003, 06:27:40 AM »
Hi.  I just moved into an apartment with balcony bedrooms.  Its a beautiful visual, they overlook the living room.  But its horrible for when I need to sleep before the party is over.  I cant really build a wall, seeing as I'm poor.  I was thinking about getting curtains, but do they really help alot?  Maybe doubling them up?  Please email me with any possible solutions if you could.(oldelvisismyhero@yahoo.com)  Thanks so much.

boborther

Re: Soundproofing a balcony bedroom
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 11:07:22 PM »
: Hi.  I just moved into an apartment with balcony bedrooms.  Its a beautiful visual, they overlook the living room.  But its horrible for when I need to sleep before the party is over.  I cant really build a wall, seeing as I'm poor.  I was thinking about getting curtains, but do they really help alot?  Maybe doubling them up?  Please email me with any possible solutions if you could.(oldelvisismyhero@yahoo.com)  Thanks so much.

Matt,
The curtains would be helpful as they would both block and absorb the downstairs noise, however, you are correct in your estimation of building the wall of the balcony up to the ceiling, and then soundproofing that.
The curtains are reasonably priced, ($1.00 per lineal inch) so I think it might be a wise investment if you don't have a lot of money. Matt, I hope this answers your question.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything