Author Topic: Aircraft Soundproofing  (Read 3396 times)

Ted G.

Aircraft Soundproofing
« on: January 26, 2001, 05:22:56 PM »
I've been soundproofing my '80 Beech Sierra with your 1/8th inch vinyl-nitrile.  I've done all side , rear, door, ceiling, and floorboard areas using single or multiple layers of material.
Questions:
1.  When I finish the inside of the firewall would it be wise to cover the top and bottom of the dashboard (instrument cover) also?
2.  Is it wise to use the left overs (1/8" mat'l) to insulate the inside of the top engine cowling?
Ted G.

bjnash

Re: Aircraft Soundproofing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2001, 04:47:28 AM »
: I've been soundproofing my '80 Beech Sierra with your 1/8th inch vinyl-nitrile.  I've done all side , rear, door, ceiling, and floorboard areas using single or multiple layers of material.
: Questions:
:  1.  When I finish the inside of the firewall would it be wise to cover the top and bottom of the dashboard (instrument cover) also?
:  2.  Is it wise to use the left overs (1/8" mat'l) to insulate the inside of the top engine cowling?
: Ted G.
A: yes, to #1  You can never do too much. #2, the 1/8" wouldn't be near thick enough and we don't recommend using it in the engine compartment, even though some have done so with good results.