Author Topic: rating windows  (Read 3056 times)

mike

rating windows
« on: March 17, 2003, 10:02:56 PM »
Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with the following brands:
Milgard Windows
Soundguard Windows or
Soundproof Windows?
Are they more or less equal in noise reduction effectiveness and cost?
I live on a busy street and want to minimize traffic noise, but I don't know much about these brands except what's on their websites.
Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks.

boborther

Re: rating windows
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 02:18:44 AM »
: Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with the following brands:
: Milgard Windows
: Soundguard Windows or
: Soundproof Windows?
: Are they more or less equal in noise reduction effectiveness and cost?
: I live on a busy street and want to minimize traffic noise, but I don't know much about these brands except what's on their websites.
: Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks.

Mike,
Both MilGard and Soundguard are very reputable companies, I am not too sure about Soundproof Windows as a company (have not researched them).
These companies specialize in soundproof windows, and from reports I have heard, have a very good product. The better windows have an STC (Sound Transmission Class) of 39 or better, the average is 41 to 47 STC.
I was also told by a customer that Pella has a soundproof window out. I am not sure of it's quality, or what the STC is on their windows, but Pella has been in business for a long time. Hope this helps you  Mike.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

mike

Re: rating windows
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 11:46:56 PM »
Thanks, Bob. Very helpful.
How do their products compare with the MagnetSeal window featured on your website in terms of cost and ease of installation and removal? Also, do you sell MagnetSeal windows directly to do-it-youselfers or to contractors only?  Please advise and thanks.
: : Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with the following brands:
: : Milgard Windows
: : Soundguard Windows or
: : Soundproof Windows?
: : Are they more or less equal in noise reduction effectiveness and cost?
: : I live on a busy street and want to minimize traffic noise, but I don't know much about these brands except what's on their websites.
: : Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks.
:
:    
:  Mike,
:  Both MilGard and Soundguard are very reputable companies, I am not too sure about Soundproof Windows as a company (have not researched them).
:  These companies specialize in soundproof windows, and from reports I have heard, have a very good product. The better windows have an STC (Sound Transmission Class) of 39 or better, the average is 41 to 47 STC.
:  I was also told by a customer that Pella has a soundproof window out. I am not sure of it's quality, or what the STC is on their windows, but Pella has been in business for a long time. Hope this helps you  Mike.

: Bob Orther
: Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
: Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
: URL: www.soundproofing.org
: e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
: For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything