Author Topic: Soundproofing a ceiling  (Read 3434 times)

Diane C.

Soundproofing a ceiling
« on: April 22, 2003, 04:44:16 PM »
Do you have any suggestions on soundproofing a ceiling?  

I live in a first floor condo.  I hear voices and TV/music from upstairs occasionally.  But the real problem is the noise from walking, slamming closet doors, vacuuming etc. that make me crazy (especially at 2:00 am when my neighbors come home from work).

Thank you for any ideas and comments on the cost of such a project for a room size of 11 X 15.  

Boborther

Re: Soundproofing a ceiling
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 07:22:56 PM »
Diane,

There are many ways to soundproof your ceiling, but if walking and slamming are your main issues, (impact noise) then you are basically limited to floating the ceiling using either resilient channels or the SSP sound clips (and metal furring channel) These are the 2 methods used for floating a ceiling or a wall. Both procedures are detailed on the website under the headers of "Resilient channels" or the "Super Soundproofing sound clip".  Find these headers on the homepage as you scroll down the page.

If you read these texts and have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call or re post here on the forum. Thanks Diane.

Bob Orther

Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.

Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384

URL: www.soundproofing.org

e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org

For orders only (888) 942-7723

J Jones

Re: Soundproofing a ceiling
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 08:00:59 PM »
Diane,

There are many ways to soundproof your ceiling, but if walking and slamming are your main issues, (impact noise) then you are basically limited to floating the ceiling using either resilient channels or the SSP sound clips (and metal furring channel) These are the 2 methods used for floating a ceiling or a wall. Both procedures are detailed on the website under the headers of "Resilient channels" or the "Super Soundproofing sound clip".  Find these headers on the homepage as you scroll down the page.

If you read these texts and have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call or re post here on the forum. Thanks Diane.

Bob Orther

Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.

Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384

URL: www.soundproofing.org

e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org

For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything