Author Topic: Patio Door Soundproofing  (Read 4134 times)

William

Patio Door Soundproofing
« on: April 23, 2003, 05:08:08 PM »
After doing quite a bit of online research, I have found soundguardwindows.com to be one of the leading soundproof window vendors/distributors.

This window will be expensive. I just want to be sure I make the correct decision. I'd hate to have this product installed and payed for when I should have gone to company xyz instead. Would you be as so kind as to list some of the possible vendors I could reference towards making this final decision? I'd like to do my homework before making a final decision.

Thank you for your help.

./Bill

The sound I'm wishing to dampen is a busy highway about 200 yards away.

William

Re: Patio Door Soundproofing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 05:11:45 PM »
Clarification to the above: The patio door mentioned above is a sliding glass door.

Thank you  :)

Boborther

Re: Patio Door Soundproofing
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 06:14:41 PM »
Bill,

I have heard some very good things about Soundguard windows, but I agree that they are pretty pricy. There is another company called Mil Gard that sells soundproof windows, and I have also heard that Pella has a good soundproof window on the market now.
Bill, when shopping for a soundproof window, look for an STC rating of 40 STC or higher. These are the better quality soundproof windows. Let us know what you decide Bill.

P.S. don't forget to check out the Magnet Seal window insert as seen on this website.

Sincerely,
Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales /Technical Associate
www.soundproofing.org
boborther@soundproofing.org
Phone (760) 749-7049
Orders only!  (888) 942-7723

anything