Author Topic: Truly Amazing Results  (Read 8296 times)

Tom Pastore

Truly Amazing Results
« on: May 01, 2003, 11:47:53 PM »
I just wanted to drop everyone a note to tell them how well the sound proofing installation went in my home studio.  We are a jam band that plays everything from acid rock to reggae to cover tunes.  Needless to say we are EXTREMELY loud when we practice.  I live in an apartment complex for older folks (long story) so sound attenuation is CRITICAL.  

After installing the sound proof room wth the specs and matierials provided by  The Super Soundproofing Co. we have been able to practice every night from 9PM until 1AM EVERY SINGLE DAY at FULL VOLUME, and have had NO complaints.  
Granted the neighbor is almost deaf, but I can stand in my kitchen (directly above the sound room) and it sounds like a reasonably loud stereo - easily attenuated by the standard walls between the units.
 I added the vinyl to my kitchen floor after hearing that noise and now there is almost no noise at all, and no more vibration.  Awesome, amazing.  truly incredible.  In fact, the room is so sound proof that we had to add a bunch of studio foam all over to deaden the studio.  

KUDOS to The Super Soundproofing Team!

Thanks heaps!

T

bjnash

Re: Truly Amazing Results
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:03 AM »
I just wanted to drop everyone a note to tell them how well the sound proofing installation went in my home studio.  We are a jam band that plays everything from acid rock to reggae to cover tunes.  Needless to say we are EXTREMELY loud when we practice.  I live in an apartment complex for older folks (long story) so sound attenuation is CRITICAL. 

After installing the sound proof room with the specs and matierials provided by The Super Soundproofing Co. we have been able to practice every night from 9PM until 1AM EVERY SINGLE DAY at FULL VOLUME, and have had NO complaints. 
Granted the neighbor is almost deaf, but I can stand in my kitchen (directly above the sound room) and it sounds like a reasonably loud stereo - easily attenuated by the standard walls between the units.
 I added the vinyl to my kitchen floor after hearing that noise and now there is almost no noise at all, and no more vibration.  Awesome, amazing.  truly incredible.  In fact, the room is so sound proof that we had to add a bunch of studio foam all over to deaden the studio. 

KUDOS to The Super Soundproofing Team!

Thanks heaps!

T

To find out how to do this, either go to the website http://www.soundproofing.org or call
888-942-7723

ears4hire

Re: Truly Amazing Results
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 01:51:33 AM »
Don't forget to treat the walls so the Studio sounds good inside.

See the "Control Room Layout?" topic for more on this; an excerpt below:

The first reflections are a major concern as is bass resonance; bass traps are the typical solution for bass resonance. The location of treatment for the first reflections are very critical. If the room is all sheetrock the room will not have a flat response; it will be mid-bass heavy, so tuned panels maybe what you need. With harder construction materials the typical tuned panels may not be what you need.

David Kennedy
Acoustic Consultant

www.d-k-a.com
www.integrityacoustics.com
phone: 760-798-9038