Author Topic: Want to soundproof my upstairs tv room  (Read 4790 times)


  • Guest
Want to soundproof my upstairs tv room
« on: May 05, 2003, 07:21:01 AM »
I am about to move into a new apartment on the second floor of a 2 story house.  The person below has her bedroom directly below my small tv room.  I like to watch movies and tv with the volume turned up so that i can enjoy the surround sound.  I want tp put some carpet down, but am not sure if there is a better solution.

I am willing to pad the walls if i have too.  Any Ideas?




  • Guest
Re: Want to soundproof my upstairs tv room
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 10:28:33 PM »

There is a material that could be installed beneath your carpet called SSP Silencer Floormat. It would be under layed beneath your carpet. You would over lap the seams, and caulk  between the over lap if possible, but you must caulk around the perimeter of the floormat, that is imperative.
The floormat will be installed wall to wall. and the carpet tackless will nail right through the vinyl mat. Then you would put down your carpet pad (use rebond padding as it has good soundproofing qualities) and finally stretch out your carpet over the padding and "Presto", you are done.
The floormat offers excellent protection against foot fall noise as well as airborne noise from above.
Brick, give me a call if you have any more questions, or wish to order this product. Thanks!


Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales /Technical Associate
Phone (760) 749-7049
Orders only!  (888) 942-7723